What is the Governing Board ?
The Governing Board is the body elected by the Owners to represent the interests of the Owners.
What does it consist of?
The Governing Board consists of a President who represents the Owners legally and otherwise; a Vice President who works closely with the President and represents the President in his absence and a Treasurer who works alongside the President and Vice President in carrying out Community duties and who liaises with the Administration Company with specific regard to financial matters. All must be property owners in the Community. The President does not need to be Spanish, speak Spanish or even be an official full time Spanish resident.
What does the Governing Board do ?
The Governing Board carries out administrative duties with the assistance of the Administrator. The Governing Board signs contracts and cheques on behalf of the community, orders work that is included in the Annual Budget together with urgent necessary work. They oversee the budget spend and prepare the proposed budget for the forthcoming year.
How is the Governing Board elected ?
The Governing Board is elected by the majority vote of the Owners either at an Annual General Meeting or Extraordinary General Meeting.
How long does the Governing Board serve?
The Governing Board is elected for one year.
Board Focus Areas
The current Governing Board maintain the following objectives:
- · To maintain the community at the desired high standard
- · To protect and enhance the value of our investment
- · To maintain operating costs at competitive levels
- · To closely monitor all expenditure and budget levels
- · To maintain a reserve fund to protect the community against unforseen expenditure
- · To maintain the improved collection of community fees
- The President of the Community has a close working relationship with the Administrator, Carmen Garcia (G & M Administraciones) and many of the suppliers. The aim is for information to be readily available to all owners and for lines of communication to be open and easy.
The Governing Board today
At the AGM on 26 October 2015 the following community owners were re-elected to become the Governing Board responsible for the management of La Cala Hills Phase 1: